- Staffing the Enquiry Desk and other Centres and helping lots of new students with basic queries such as printing and using self-issue.
- Working out how to solve the problem of matching up returning student records on our LMS now that the College has introduced a new ID system.
- Delivering introductory inductions to groups of new students.
- Training new member of the Front of House team.
- Preparing and delivering in-depth information skills inductions in lessons.
- Training and observing colleague to deliver referencing inductions.
- Preparing and delivering training to teaching staff on how to use and utilise Moodle.
- Managing collections requests and acquisitions.
- Troubleshooting issues as part of the Moodle Support team.
- Promotion to position of Information Advisor (Resources and Content).
- Showing round interview candidates for new post.
- Training and mentoring new member of the senior team.
- Involvement in 'Study skills afternoon' for Access to Science students delivering referencing refresher and introducing guest speaker from Examstutor.
- Attending senior team meetings.
- Housekeeping tasks for our LMS.
Friday, 23 November 2012
There has been very little time to be involved in anything 'extra-curricular' since the beginning of term. It has zoomed by and I'm only now just able to start checking Twitter and the blogs I follow again. To get me back into the swing of writing for my blog I thought I'd start with an overview of what's kept me occupied for the last couple of months!